For my recipe I adapted it from three recipes I had seen on Pinterest. (I do this with most recipes I find online, search out several varieties and take my favorite parts of each).
What I might do differently next time:
Use dairy milk for the icing, almond gave it an after-taste I wasn't crazy about.
Use buttered biscuit dough, it would just save a step.
Refrigerated biscuit dough (you'll get one muffin for each biscuit, I used Pillsbury Simply Buttermilk)
Light brown sugar
Butter (cold or room temp, half a stick made 6 for me)
Topping: (for 6)
1/2 c. Confectioners sugar
1 TBS Milk-beverage of choice (I used unsweetened almond milk)
1. Preheat oven to 350*
2. Line or grease muffin tin
3. Put into each: a small slice of butter, about a teaspoon of brown sugar and a sprinkle of cinnamon
4. Break one biscuit into four pieces, roll into balls, place in tin
5. Repeat step 3 on top of dough
6. Bake according to biscuit package directions. (about 15 min for mine)
Whisk (or use a fork) sugar and milk in a bowl, spoon over hot muffins.
If you try this recipe, please let me know what you think or if you have any questions.